Thursday, August 26, 2010

unpacked bags

Unpacking the bags that I've packed long ago
when the windows were shuttered, packed, covered with snow
to the hearth with the fire where I loose my desire
and I look in your eyes to see the surprise
that I'm staying, I'm staying I don't want to leave
can you feel the excitement that's carried on breeze
with the smoke up the chimney and out on the roof
go my hopes and my dreams as they travel with luck
and I'm grasping, I'm grasping at colorful straws
for your hand as it's blurry for it lingers not long
where I shudder quite deeply when into your eyes
sparks the sinister smile that prompted goodbye
a teardrop the size of a giant's fist
crashes to flame with the sound of a kiss
with the sputters and mutters of flame long gone dry
a whisper escapes where you tell me...

1 comment: