Wednesday, August 25, 2010

purring

to purr - to make a low vibrant sound, usually considered as expressing pleasure.

If you were to run into me today I believe that you would say I was purring. Not an overtly loud obnoxious purring mind you...this purr is from absolute contentment. I may have found my muse, and she's leading me down a path of inspiration that hasn't been tapped for years. I make no promises with the exception of saying I will finish what needs to be done so the block that I've created in myself can fully dissipate.

No, I still haven't painted the kitchen. But, I did put together a desk that has been sitting in my office in its box for over 3 weeks. Plus, I washed the dogs. I'm finally realizing the things that need to be done and I'm embarking on the journey to do them.

Being I'm a Pisces it is quite difficult to stay focused. Allow the story of the power drill to provide some insight into the former statement: After setting out all parts I decide that I need to get the power drill and screwdriver from my laundry room. Upon arrival at the laundry room I see that the clothes are finally finished washing, I proceed to empty the dryer, load the washing machine and then take the clothes into the bedroom. Once in the bedroom I lay them out intending to put them up when I realize that I forgot the drill. I abort the clothes and proceed back into the laundry room to get the drill, upon arrival again I see that the dogs need food and water. I proceed to fill their bowls and start heading back into the office to finish the desk. What did I forget again? The drill. I head back to the laundry room and pick it up finally, but forget the screwdriver, luckily I realize this and stop in the dining room and put down the drill. I head back to the laundry room and pick up the screwdriver. Upon arrival in the kitchen I retrieve a glass of water which then makes me want to have a smoke. I head to the front porch and puff away for a few before returning to the office to continue on the desk...without the drill. Let's just say the desk took 3 1/2 hours to complete and I learned a valuable lesson that I should always have all supplies available before I start a project.

I have many more projects to finish, but I feel armed with a better knowledge and understanding of the way I work so that I can complete them. This provides a huge amount of comfort which adds to my contentment.

I am a smitten kitten with a purr that could calm the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment