Sunday, August 1, 2010

dis'n the old

I'm pondering the disposition of the old. Of any person in the world I believe I am the most proficient at ignoring what isn't present. In the realm of friendships I am exceptionally good at letting them go. This is sort of bad. But it's also sort of good. I believe that's how life is handled, period.
Day in and day out you are introduced to new and amazing people. What you choose to do with those people is completely up to you. They can be a chance encounter or they can become a life long friend. There's tons of people in the world and there's only one you. So the hardest thing to do in life is accept that you cannot have everyone. But you can always have you.
The great things about great friends is that there is never a parting point. Granted you could not see them for an hour, 3 weeks, or even months or years. But since there is no parting point they pick up right where you left off.
That's the way life should be. Take my kitchen for example. I bought paint 3 weeks ago. 3 days ago I frog taped the walls. Today, the kitchen is still not painted. But when I do paint it, it'll be happy to see me put it to use. I love my friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment