Monday, August 9, 2010

thank you weekend

Last week was a purely unmotivational week. I had failure to thrive times 5. Every day I did the least amount of work available to keep my conscience from feeling terrible about not actually working. I still have failure to thrive...but I'm getting more accomplished.

I don't hate my job, I just dislike what I do even though it's fascinating and I'm a pivitol part of the maintenance process. The things that I've learned in excel can be skills that will take me far should I ever pursue another career, I just don't see that happening. Also, even though I dislike what I do, I have a lot of leeway on how I accomplish my tasks. And an added bonus is that I can practically wear what I want (within reason) and can take off whenever needed with no questions asked. Okay enough about that part, I'm lucky to be where I am so I can't complain. It's just sooooo boring.

This weekend I was privy to a great time that makes all of the work worth it. Starting with a great dinner at Cheever's on Friday followed by movie night with friends followed by night swimming and snuggling. Friday set the tone for how the weekend was going to be because it was such a great time. I really do have some great friends and continue to meet fun and fabulous people!

Saturday was my favorite day because I drove up to Tulsa where I treated the women folk in my family to mani/pedi's. My mom and sister had never had them done before! It was a great feeling to be able to provide something to them that would make them feel great, and great they felt. We followed that up with lunch at Smashburgers (delicious!)... Overall it was great to hang out with them, away from the husbands and kids. I truly look forward to another girl's date where we can all do something else to make us feel pretty. :)

Another round of night swimming and a trip to the bars finished up Saturday. I was fortunate enough to hang out with my old roomies, who I hadn't seen in like a month. Overall Saturday was an awesome day filled with reconnecting with those that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Sunday was brutally hot. I brunched at Pearl's where I was there for literally two hours. Great company makes bad service bearable. Then I had a date with the sun and my PS3, both of whom appreciated me spending time with them. And topped off Sunday with softball practice. 2 1/2 hours of running, sweating, gasping, and inviting soreness into my body. However my confidence in my softball abilities has risen and I am feeling a lot better about how we'll do at the Gay Softball World Series next week.

So thank you weekend, you were everything I had hoped for and more. You reinforced confidence in myself, which was needed badly. I miss you already, but I look forward to many more great ones to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment