Tuesday, August 17, 2010

discovery

As Columbus once sailed the grand expanses of the ocean in discovery of a bright new world, I too am discovering what Columbus has to offer. Starting off this is a business vacation for me. I'm here for softball first and foremost. In some minds this is a trip to party and party they will do, but not in mine. I came to play, to do my best, and to hopefully win.

With that said...it's hard not to party. But partying in moderation is not such a bad thing. I didn't arrive until after 9pm Ohio time, that led to finding where the teammates were located, who of course were out at the bars. Now there are 160 some odd teams from all across America here. Add 10 to 20 people per team and you will quickly realize that Columbus has been inundated with quite possibly some of the most fit, hottest gay guys you could ever find. It's horribly tempting to whore yourself out. Good thing I'm not a whore.

It's funny to me how the Grindr revolution has taken hold. I personally don't feel the need, nor desire, to subscribe to this. Call me old fashioned but I believe there are better ways to find guys and "hook up", and viewing your naked pics just doesn't do it for me. Nevertheless, there are soooooo many dudes on Grindr doing just that. What ever happened to the smile and a "hello"?

Anywho...hot guys, all looking to hook up, and I'm here to play ball...not that kind of ball silly, softball. This is going to be the strangest, possibly most innuendo filled, most fulfilling self discovery week that I could ever have given myself. I knew that I'd be in for some craziness....but I don't think that I fully grasped the scope of it.

Favorite random elevator quote from the weekend: "OKC boys are the hottest, and we're from LA so that should say something". I wonder if smog has dulled something in them :)

I sit watching people today in anticipation of the upcoming games. This shall be a grand day in a grand city with grand people.

No comments:

Post a Comment