Tuesday, September 7, 2010

from whence I came

As the breath
falls down my neck
with icy silence do I gasp
and grip the wheel to take a left
and remove myself from this beaten path
where shivers rumble through my spine
I feel the movement from behind
but terror keeps from taking look
where demons haunt in every nook
it's dark from whence I came
and light casts but a fleeting flame
to taunt and laugh as I hear my name
in the dark from whence I came.
____________________________________________________________________

Looking back on roads forgotten I find myself on the precipice overlooking a crystal clear lake. With fierce winds blowing and a fright of falling head over heel I back away slowly as I stare in wonder at the waves. The reflection of the hills and valleys, green and lush in summer glory, captures the mist in my eyes. I long to go forward on the adventure. I fear the fall, I fear the fall.

With satchel clamped securely I inch forward slowly, breathing deeply, breathing strongly. Upon the choices given in life I work my way down the pedestal towards the verdant green. The great unknown is calling and with it rides determination. Speaking my name. Calling softly. Musically. I sing the songs of glory as they tumble through my head, a focus steady drumming to scare away the dread. I will not fall, I will not fall.

The rocks so sharp with pain to gain in life I cannot see. A new horizon welcomes me as a slide on shaky feet. It is my will for it is my wish and it was my dream to be. Where climbing mountains tis of thee can lead to shiny sea. And with majestic majesty...do I long to dream.

Waking on the forest floor with sky marred half by night. I stare up towards the precipice of where I was before. Alive I check for scathings on the skin that armor is. Finding naught but scrapes and scratches I smile deep within. A bruise will form I can feel it now, a gentle reminder that I lived, a gentle reminder that I live.

With satchel restored to proper tightness and song checked in my head, I resume the walk. Slowly for I hurt. I follow no path for the light shows me none. Using senses honed by time I discover. The lake with waves so high it speaks and sows a story so deep. A memory that was long forgot buried deeply in my soul. Dredges itself in the pool of thoughts beckoned by water's fold. The mist in my eyes overcome the dam where it pooled itself comfortably. With tears rolling down my dirt stained face I wake from peaceful dream, I wake from peaceful dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment