Friday, September 10, 2010

Fridays are for Dreaming

When I was a Knight of the round
with Excalibur sword and long flowing gown
Where I battled the enemies of sweet Camelot
who were raiding and looting all that they sought
on the fields of green that soon turned red
when her warriors unleashed their terrible dread
in the name of Arthur they rallied the call
for the memory of name would bring their downfall

We feasted on bounty prepared with care
while recounting of tales that were slurred with beer
where the minstrels and maidens aimed to please
and the lord's enemies were brought to their knees
for nothing could break the city so sweet
who's banners shone brightly and fluttered in breeze
when the sun lightened walls with a glowing glare
one would wonder if she was really there

Such a sight to my eyes doth the memory still burn
like the night long ago when the city had turned
and the turmoil and savagery was brought to the streets
and the secrets of Camelot were no longer discreet
when the tower came crashing and pummeling down
sending madness and chaos throughout the town
with awe in my eyes I could only stare
before turning away like I was never there
when I was a knight of the round
glory and honor abound
____________________________

I'm quite possibly in love with the following song, there's no video for it yet so I'm posting what was available. They have a theatrical/musical appeal to this song that leaves me to dream. I only hope that when they do make a video they capture the artistic vision that I see, or do it even better. Care to dream with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment