Thursday, June 24, 2010

It took a long time

July 1st will mark a monument in my life: Financial Independence.

I've felt that 30 would be the best year of my life, and I feel that I was absolutely correct about that. I don't know who to thank for the luck that I've received, because I've been extremely lucky...

Thank you ghosts of boyfriends past. You've given me a platform from which to build who I am, you've given me support to grow, you've given me places to sit and meals to eat, you've given me hope that one day again I'll be ready to love back.

Thank you to my friends. You've provided shelter, love, and support. Listening ears and too many I told you so's, but I needed to hear them all.

Thank you hail storm. You've given me my first taste of handling issues in an adult world. To have my mom tear up at the mention of contractors brings me joy and realization that I am, in fact, an adult now. You totalled my car and paid it off, the burden that had plagued me for years was nothing in the face of your gentle wrath allowing me to reach this point today. Though you may have caused slight annoyances in my peaceful world, the overall good that you have brought me cannot be captured in mere words. Thank you.

Thank you Escapeokc...you've allowed me to push myself in ways that I never thought possible. I've been able to share my thoughts to readers who could potentially benefit from the things that I might have learned. And one day, you'll give me an outlet for even more.

Thank you life. You've given me joy on this rollercoaster with your ups and downs and loop de loops. I hope that you'll always throw out the unexpected, for with expectation I become complacent...but you keep me on my toes and for that I am truly thankful.

It took a long time to get where I am. I will never make the same mistakes again, I will make mistakes, but I will always be happy in the choices I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment