Monday, November 15, 2010

Indubitably

indubitably (not comparable)

1.In a manner that leaves no possibility of doubt; undoubtedly.

I'm in love with the word indubitably because of the way it rolls off of my tongue. I can't recall where I picked it up, but it's been in my vocabulary for several years now as it slowly comes and goes in the rotation of my words. For right now I wholly welcome it back and look forward to the remainder of it's duration.

I indubitably hate my job. More and more I realize that what I do to support life outside of work is quite assuredly the thing that I should not be doing with my life. The poison that I feel at work has begun to trickle into my cozy world outside of the water cooler and I can feel the taint in everything I do now. I hate negativity with a passion and yet I surround myself with it, by choice, for 9 hours a day 5 days a week. This seems like madness. However, I realize that this is the struggle that every person endures and thus I must make ammends with my complacency and tough it out. If I find the secret to doing this I will most definitely let you know.

This weekend I went to Claremore to stay with my sister, her husband, and my two nephews. Afterwards I went to Tulsa to lunch with the rest of the family, watch a movie with them, and stayed with my youngest brother. All I can say is that I'm extremely lucky to have the family support that I do have. I haven't seen my sister in a couple of months, let alone have I had a sit down conversation with her for longer, so this weekend was more than what the doctor could have ordered. Imagine, if you will, me having a conversation with a female version of myself (We all have a striking resemblance to each other and always have). Talking with her was just what Oprah ordered. She is a fellow Pisces, as is her husband and one of my nephews, and I get a lot of insight about myself when speaking with her. I've discovered that when I say that this would be the best year of my life (and it has been) that it's pretty much true for all Pisces that I encounter. There's quite a healthy number of us who've bought houses, or cleared up debt, or met wonderful people, or who knows what...but it appears that we're all having really great years. Well whatever the cause is...I'm truly thankful.

Following the Claremore trip I went to Tulsa to see the rest of my family. To see us all together is to see love in it's purest form. It makes me truly look forward to Thanksgiving next week. So much to be thankful for with stuffing out the whazoo...yeah...I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment