Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The end of the Jeep

El saga del diablo un tres: Jeepa go bye bye.

This weekend I went to Okmulgee to see my family. It was much needed, and very long overdue. First off it's amazing how close my family really truly is, they are a support system all in itself and I have to count my lucky stars that I get to call them mine. Needless to say this trip was much needed.

Anywho...Beyonce Bones, Muffin Cakes, and myself are all heading back to the City, singing songs loudly in the jeep while enjoying the solitude on the road, when out of nowhere the jeep starts acting up. I know the tell tale signs because unfortunately it's happened twice before (way back in January and February). These signs are fuel pump issues. She wheezes. She sputters. She goes. She stops. She decides to go again. She stops. She dies. And it's freaking hot outside, miserably hot. I'm not so worried about myself, it's the girls that concern me now, and of course the fact that I am the proud owner of a salvaged piece of crap jeep.

I desperately hope that she'll make it home to no avail. I end up having to have the beast towed to the shop, where like the first two sad encounters they cannot find anything wrong with the vehicle. I decided to take action into my own hands, because I couldn't bare the thought of having to rely on another individual again for a week (yes again!). I trapse off to the Mazda dealership and purchase me a brand spankin new Mazda6, the color I want and the specs that I want.

This is my first brand new car in all of my 30 years. Granted I'm no longer officially out of debt anymore, but I am in a smart planned debt. Everything that I've worked so hard for all of these many long and grueling years, all while being held under the thumb of the jeep (she was great at first) have finally payed off.

Goodbye jeep, I look forward to the day that the insurance company comes to take you away and sends me a fat check in your stead. Yes, that's right, a fat check. Somehow I am lucky enough that they will still total the damn thing out even though I accepted a salvage title on it. Mad props to Travelers for working with me and being great! :)

Thank you Jeep, you made 0% interest possible, you made my credit rating skyrocket due to all of the hard years of paying your outrageous car payment, you made my patience level rise because of your constant breaking down. I'll miss you Jeep, you've had so many memories that will be cherished forever. I look forward to the day that I'll drive your daughter, because I promise you I will. You've stolen my heart and even though I hate you right now I will always be fond of you and your kind, and I will return to you one day (okay not you really but you know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment