Wednesday, April 14, 2010

where's my receipt

Totally random :)

Bought on the corner at the 5 and dime, from wrinkled dollars to a simple smile, where happy memories will always shed light and the passings of past will haunt me at night, in a dreamer's longboat with glittering oars whose passing leaves wakes that turn into storms that soak to the bone and chill to the core as Death say's "Hello can you take anymore?"
Skipping to home with a humming strut while vainly reminding to suck in the gut while ponder over yonder with a fancy doo da, is it me who left that mark with a claw? Keeping time to the rhythm of a dancer's feet, soft whispers with shuffles announcing their leaps as they soar through the air with a gazelle's grace til they touch down again and fall right to their face, gasping and crying they reach for their eyes where inside their head they find their surprise for they lost them when falling down onto their knees and the objects were safely carried off by the bees who know not what they have in their insectlike grasp but they know it's a treasure that now they posess and you think to yourself "oh why did I leave" and after thoughts that still linger "hey where's my receipt?"

4 comments:

  1. Yes I'm totally commenting on my own post. But I have to say this randomness is one of my absolute favorites! :)
    Editor's note: Line 6 "whos passing leaves wakes that turn into storms", I should have added a comma before the line to avoid a run on creating confusion with leaves wakes...will remember for next time :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just, wow. I really liked this one. Damn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michael, I re-read this one again and couldn't help but smile. Still one of my favorites with it's sing-song style. Just kind of gets stuck in your head, and greatly appreciate that you can "see" it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason - it's Mike from Vancouver :)

    ReplyDelete