Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Austin - the City

Fashionista I am not.  Nor will I be.  Lazykeesta I am.

In the crazy rollercoaster that is my life I've gone through a flaming transition.  Flaming beyond anything that I could have ever created for myself.  I experienced Austin, and I left me, but I gained more than me.

Gay softball is the bees knees.  We, the Swallows, rocked it out and we showed the gays that Oklahoma has something to offer. Tied for 7th out of 32 teams in the Austin Texas Shootout 2011 tournament.  We surprised ourselves I think with our tenacity, our togetherness, and our ability to entertain the world.

We tore Austin up.  She offered us culture and we drank from her milky bowl, everyone taking in what they could.  It was the epitomy of a blast.

I learned that I'm weird.  I can't explain the weirdness, no words could ever be conjured to capture this picture.  But I am okay with this weirdness.  I like to call myself granola, a hippy of sorts who accepts all equally and trusts until trust is broken.  I acknowledge the wrong in the world and right it when I can.  I'm oblivious to the world that isn't part of my world.  But again, I'm okay with it.

I've learned to be who I am.  Largely going through life miming others around until I fall upon the ground in despair.  To say the least I feel liberated now.  Austin kind of helped me out there.

Don't get me wrong, there's a crazy insane list of people who I long to thank for the guidance along the way.  But every day is a learning experience and I have indeed learned.

Be you, for there is only one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment