Friday, May 21, 2010

mad

mad is a funny word:
-disordered in mind : insane
-completely unrestrained by reason and judgment
-incapable of being explained or accounted for
-carried away by intense anger : furious
-carried away by enthusiasm or desire
-affected with rabies : rabid
-marked by wild gaiety and merriment : hilarious
-intensely excited : frantic
-marked by intense and often chaotic activity : wild

Rarely do you hear the words "I'm mad". Just plain and simple. Nothing to express what subject one is mad at, they are just plain mad. Who gets mad now a days? Everyone is angry or furious at the world, you scroll through the pages of Facebook and every poor choice made or unfortunate circumstance is followed by a FML. Fuck my life, why so angry?

I will never subscribe to the FML lifestyle. Life is too good to call forth negative karma. I won't get angry at the world. But I will get mad. I am mad right now.

I'm mad at people and their self centered ways. Everyone striving to be more and more miserable in life with their vapid choices and poor use of words. Where is social engagement? Where are the face to face discussions about life and liberty and expressions of self. Texts have killed the art of speaking. Facebook has killed the art of engaging. Emails have killed the art of negotiations.

At this time I choose to be mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment